CRESSIDAMEALE@GMAIL.COM

Pages

Tuesday 4 May 2010

TACKY


These looks were for the most part, pretty flawless on paper, but somehow, on they looked like they could have appeared on an early season of Project Runway. We're talking a lot of Chanel Couture amongst other things so this is pretty controversial and I'm a little scared that Karl's going to come and stab me with a fine liner pen in my sleep tonight but I can't help it. Je n'aime pas. Oh and who else thinks Dylan Lauren looks like she's got lost on her way to the Sports Personalities of the year awards if you get my drift? A build that could make Paula Radcliffe look feeble, arms of steel innit.

Rosario Dawson, I don't know what to say. I honestly, just have no idea. Demi, in the oven for half an hour. Donatella, same goes for you. K-Stew, why didn't you go with something like Kane?? You look like that frightful overlay is in fact Jellyfish stingers and you are in excruciating pain. Take it off! 

That is some truly Bad Wang. Oh no she didn't! Oh yes I did. It should work but it just feels wrong, and if even Giselle can't pull it off it must be really shit. Lily Collins looks cheap as a ring from a cracker whilst Katy Perry should just Grow. The. Fuck. Up.











(T-B) DL - Ralph Lauren, RD - Giambattisa Valli, DM - Lanvin, DV - Versace, KS - Chanel Couture, GB - Alexander Wang, LC - Chanel Couture, KP - Cute Circuit 

3 comments:

  1. Haha I love how we are in polar-opposite camps re: the Katy Perry Light Show. Come on Cressie, are you sure you wouldn't want a dress that lit up as you walk? It's like those LED trainers I was reminiscing about the other day...but more couture. Bring on the tacky kitschness!

    By the way, I know the dress was great, but what did you reckon on January Jones' eye makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LED trainers are undeniably epic, and I thoroughly enjoyed a pair when I was in Primary School, but I doubt I'd wear them now! I'm all for a bit of kitsch but Katy Perry tends to look more and more on the cheap side, her early look was so much better and seemed a little less juvenile whist still remaining that classic vintage feel.

    Re: Jones, I love that she tried something so bold - granted not to everyone's taste but it makes a change from her usual safe look so I welcome it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also realise I have pretty much contradicted myself, I just don't know George. Something about Perry's clothing recently just doesn't sit well with me, and I love tack. V odd.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?