CRESSIDAMEALE@GMAIL.COM

Pages

Tuesday 13 July 2010

OOOOH QUEST-CE QUE TU FAIS JEAN PAUL??






It was all a bit Marlene Dietrich meets Grace Jones this season at Jean Paul Gaultier’s stellar show in Paris. An awe-struck crowd looked on as models stalked out, cigarette in hand, wearing all that an art-deco fantasist could dream of and more. Upwards thrusting, turban-clad heads were ensconced in geometrically striking hoods that wound their way down the body with dizzying perfection. Legs came swathed in noir sequins and dresses seemed to sigh their way down the catwalk in the finest satins, silks and sheer organza’s. Skirts hugged fishnet bound stems in the snuggest of chocolate velvet, whilst one of the standout pieces took shape in the form of an achingly beautiful gold, oversized, draping jumpsuit with gathered batwing sleeves and cinched waist. There were injections of a few brighter hues, such as an apple green satin take on the classic safari dress; and surprise came in the form of modern day siren Dita von Teese, performing a striptease in the middle of the runway, removing her black pieced dress to reveal stunning La Perla lingerie and a cheeky bare behind. However, with clothes these divine, you’d never really want to take them off at all…

Read more of what I've been doing here:


Oh and my apologies for the previous post, this is slightly defeatist as I am now again addressing people that probably don't exist in some kind of self involved cyber diary type manner, but I've been told that it's really sad to think people mind if I don't update for a while... So basically I'm not really sure what I'm saying and I've confused myself.

Do I say goodnight? God knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?